|Why and When to Convert|
> Why Kofile Conversions?
> Why and When to Convert
> Formats and Media
> Project Process
> Project Quotes
> Contact Us
Why convert your data?
Running incompatible application formats, or media is risky, costly, and unnecessary!
New hardware may not be able to read old applications and media. And old hardware is costly and inconvenient to keep running. Legacy documents and files can be very slow to access (wasting your time) or may not be accessible at all (putting you at risk legally). And when companies or departments merge, sometimes their systems don't! Converting your data can resolve these issues.
When to convert?
When you are:
· Merging two separate business entities
· Sharing information between offices with different systems
· Changing software packages or hardware platforms
· Using outdated storage equipment
· Needing repetitive service calls to keep the system running
· Merging or consolidating operations that use different equipment, software, or backup devices
· Acquiring data from outside sources on incompatible media or in the wrong format
· Changing equipment vendors for archival applications or storage
· In need of a specialized software application written to complete or perform a data or media conversion